Rock Generator 2.5
Added "Mode" under "Geometry Displacement 2" > "Distribution" > "Crack Divisions" which can be set to either "Ramp" or "Noise".
Added "Preview" under "Geometry Displacement 2" > "Smooth Cracks". Made some minor changes to how the preview is generated.
Made some changes to how "Volume Displacement 2" and "Details" are generated. The results are slightly different from the previous version.
If "Drop to Ground" is enabled under Transformation 1/2/3, it will now automatically re-simulate the drop if any parameters are changed.
Improved the look for "Smooth Cracks" when the cracks pass over sharp edges.
Changed the colors used for curvature visualization and uv seams to make it easier to see.
Fixed an issue that could cause "Smooth Cracks" to generate spikes in the geometry.
Fixed an issue that could cause "Volume Displacement 2" to generate multiple pieces of geometry.
Removed all "Voxels to Expand" parameters since they're not needed. Use the "Exterior Band Voxels" parameters instead.
Removed "Displacement" under "Base Shape" > "Random Shape" since the main "Displacement" section provides more control and gives better results.
Renamed all parameters.
Made som changes to the GUI.
Updated the documentation.
Made the asset available for purchase on Gumroad.
This is a SOP node asset that generates rock geometry with UV coordinates and materials.
The procedure is as follows (each step can be turned on/off):
- Select a base shape, either a sphere, a randomly generated shape or use input geometry.
- Transform the base shape.
- Apply remeshing and smoothing.
- Displace the base shape with various noises. There are four different types of displacements that can be applied and each type can use multiple types of noises.
- Add details such as small rocks or crystals on the rock surface.
- Apply an additional transform.
- Apply additional remeshing and smoothing.
- Apply polygon reduction.
- Create UV coordinates.
- Apply a final transform.
- Apply a procedural material which can also be baked to a file.
Date: 12 Jan 2020
Supported Houdini version: 16 and later
If you have any questions or feature requests please contact me.